Who knew planning a wedding would be so back and forth and decision after decision and the wedding is still 13 months AWAY! AHHHH I think it would be easier to elope but then of course I wouldn't get my princess wedding the way that I want it.
When we first started planning the wedding I was set on getting married in a nice reception hall here, no backyard weddings, no out of state wedding, it was going to be this way if I had to pull teeth to get there. (LOL ok I wasn't being that bad of a bridezila yet.) Well once I started looking into the prices and what exactly I wanted it was just not out there. I wanted a reception hall with a nice outside too so I could have it inside and outside then I wanted to be able to have my own catering brought in and not pay their outrageous prices for catering. And I wanted all of that to be a decent price since we are paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves. (Thanks DAD!) Well none of that was out there to be found or maybe I didn't look hard enough but I was not finding what I thought would make my perfect day perfect. So after talking to my Mom she asked why we didn't go to Vegas and get married at the excalibur (my favorite hotel) they had really pretty wedding options. So I started looking in to it and decided that was my place of choice, it had good prices, my favorite city of all time and I could have fun and still get married. I went along with that choice for a few days. Then Saturday Todd and I went to the bridal show and there was so much stuff there and most of it was so expensive and that time I started thinking do I really want to spend a lot on a wedding or would I rather have a nice honeymoon or have that money to save? The bridal show was fun, we got some really cute invitation ideas and honeymoon people to book thru if we need to. Then Sunday we went over to the future in laws house and I was talking to Christy and she suggested that we could get married in their backyard. WHAT? A backyard wedding there is no way! As we talked about all the different things that we could do and how inexpensive it would be, I could have my own catering, there could be an after party after the reception, I could decorate how I wanted, we would be able to save money and I wouldn't have to pay for more people to show up. HMMMMMM I decided I love that idea! I talked to my Mom about it and she said it was a great idea and we could rent tents to cover the backyard seems you never know what the weather would be like, she would cater it with some help and so would the in laws help with catering. This idea has become my ideal wedding now.
So that is the update on the place of the wedding, now where to begin looking for dresses for me and the maid of honor and matron of honor. HMMMM I think I will look this weekend and go from there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.